MUNICIPALITY:  Gallagher Township
CEMETERY NAME:  Crider Family Cemetery SCHADT NUMBER:  002


Number of Burials (approximate): 50

Dates of Activity: circa 1830s-present



CCGS, The Cemeteries of Dunnstable Township (2006)



From the intersection of Jay and Water Streets in Lock Haven, cross the bridge at the courthouse to Lockport.  Turn right at the end of the bridge onto PA Route 664.  Travel 3.7 miles (total from intersection) to crossroads.  Turn right onto Bear Run Road.  Continue for 2.6 miles.  You will cross over into Dunnstable Twp., at which point the road becomes German Road.  Turn left at the sign for Crider Cemetery, a gravel path which leads off into the woods.  (Note that a road called Beagle Club also leads off here, do not take it.  Make a sharp 90-degree left turn onto Crider Cemetery Road.)  Follow this lane 0.1 mile to the cemetery.

N41 11.380 W77 23.282

Landowner / Caretaker:

Crider Cemetery

RD 1

Lock Haven, PA 17745






William and Mary (Walker) Crider came from Lancaster County in the late 1700s, with their family, and settled in the vicinity of present-day Woolrich.  His son, William, and wife Nancy Burns, raised a family of twelve children.  In 1845 they moved slightly north to Gallagher Township.  One of the sons was Philip B. Crider, who became a wealthy lumber businessman in the late 19th century.  The original Criders established a burying-ground on their property.  It has fallen into disrepair over the years and been restored on several occasions.  Today it is in a good state of repair, and is still occasionally used for interments of local residents.