MUNICIPALITY:  Logan Township
CEMETERY NAME:  Emanuel Reformed Cemetery SCHADT NUMBER:  040


Number of Burials (approximate): 350

Dates of Activity: 1869 - present


CCGS, The Cemeteries of Crawford, Greene and Logan Townships and Loganton Borough (2004)



From the center of Loganton (the intersection of Routes 477 and 880), travel West on Route 880 for 2.9 miles, to Booneville.  Turn left onto Campground Road.  Travel 1.0 miles to the end of this road, where it meets the West Winter Road in Greenburr.  Turn left here and travel 0.1 mile.  The cemetery will be on your left.

N41 00.375 W77 21.175

Landowner / Caretaker:

United Church of Christ

Greenburr, PA 17747






The Lutheran and Reformed people in the vicinity of Greenburr established a congregation there in 1867.  It was known as Emanuel Church.  In 1869, a house of worship was constructed and a cemetery laid out adjoining the church.  On 20 Apr 1872, Jacob and Elizabeth Kahl formally deeded a lot of 81 perches to the Lutheran Church (William Bartges, trustee) and the Reformed Church (John Sager, trustee) then meeting as "Emanuel's Church."

The conditions of the deed indicated that it was for a church and burial ground for the Lutheran and Reformed people.  Either side could buy out the other if there was a dispute, but no third denomination could use the facility.  Ultimately, it appears that the Lutherans withdrew from the arrangement, leaving Emanuel Reformed Church.  The graveyard itself was dedicated by the Reformed Church on 22 June 1879.

The congregation continued until the late 1940s, when it was closed.  Lynn Frazier  of Loganton purchased the building in 1962 and dismantled it.  A memorial stone was erected on the church site.  The cemetery is maintained and accepts the occasional burial.