MUNICIPALITY:  Lamar Township
CEMETERY NAME:   Salona Reformed and Lutheran Cemetery SCHADT NUMBER:  042


Number of Burials (approximate):  Unknown

Dates of Activity:  1830 - 1870



CCGS, The Cemeteries of Colebrook, East Keating, Grugan, Leidy, Noyes, and West Keating Townships (2008)




From the intersection of PA Route 64 and Long Run Road [PA Route 477] in Lamar Township [near the entrance to US Route 220], turn onto Long Run Road, headed south.  Alternately, get off the Salona Exit of US Route 220.  Continue on Long Run Road [PA Route 477].  Travel 0.8 miles on this road.  Turn right onto Davy Road and follow it to the top of the hill, a distance of less than 0.1 mile. Turn right onto Ridge Road [paved] and follow it 0.2 miles.  The former cemetery site will be on your left, across from the present Disciple cemetery.

GPS = N41 09.328 W78 02.777

Landowner / Caretaker:

James P. Webb Jr.
PO Box C

Mill Hall, PA 17751






The settlement of the German peoples in Nittany Valley occurred at a very early date, near the close of the 18th century.  In 1830, a church edifice was erected to meet the needs of the Lutheran and Reformed adherents in the valley.  The building stood on the hill North of Salona.  The Lutherans withdrew from the union church by 1857, and erected a brick church in Salona.  The Reformed people later moved into the Disciple Church in the west end of Salona.  The union church building ceased to exist, and the cemetery was removed.  Most (if not all) of the graves were transferred to Cedar Hill Cemetery, which opened in 1869.  The site is today a farm field across from the Disciple Cemetery, with no indication that it ever served as a burial plot.