MUNICIPALITY:  Dunnstable Township
CEMETERY NAME:  Rich Family Cemetery SCHADT NUMBER:  046

AKA:  Crawford Cemetery

Number of Burials (approximate): 13

Dates of Activity: 1837 - 1872


CCGS, The Cemeteries of Dunnstable Township (2006)



From the intersection of Jay and Water Streets in Lock Haven, head South one block and turn left onto East Main Street (PA Route 150).  Travel 5.0 miles and turn left onto Harley Drive.  Travel about 0.2 miles and turn left onto Park Avenue.  Travel about 0.1 mile and turn right onto Little Plum Run Road.  Travel about 0.1 mile and turn right onto Crestmont Drive.  The cemetery will be on your right along the road, behind some trees and in an iron fence.

N41 10.386 W77 22.236

Landowner / Caretaker:

Rich Cemetery

Woolrich, PA 17779






John Rich immigrated to the United States from Wiltshire, England, at the beginning of the 19th century.  He worked as an itinerant salesman, and began a woolen mill in the area of Plum Run in 1830, where he had his family homestead.  The business prospered, and the facilities were eventually moved to the town of Richville, now known as Woolrich, where the clothing business is known internationally.

The original Rich family cemetery is located near the old homestead site.  The area around the cemetery was developed into the Crestmont residential development in the 1960s.  The cemetery exists in the midst of the development, surrounded by trees and an old wrought-iron fence. 

Later generations of the Rich family were buried in the Woolrich Cemetery in Pine Creek Township.  Woolrich Cemetery Association is currently responsible for the maintenance of the old family cemetery.

Rich family cemetery has also been called the Crawford Cemetery as the property was owned by the Crawford family at a later date.