MUNICIPALITY:  Leidy Township
CEMETERY NAME:  Gospel Camp Community Cemetery SCHADT NUMBER:  080

AKA:  Botsford Cemetery

Number of Burials (approximate):  100

Dates of Activity: 1922 - present



CCGS, The Cemeteries of Colebrook, East Keating, Grugan, Leidy, Noyes, and West Keating Townships (2008)



From the intersection of Jay and Water Streets in Lock Haven (the Lock Haven Courthouse), travel west on Water Street for 1 mile.  Turn right onto PA Route 120 (Susquehanna Avenue) and travel 29.3 miles.  Turn right onto Route 144 (Drury Run Road).  Travel 11.3 miles.  The cemetery will be on your left at the Assembly of God Church.  It is well kept.

GPS = N41 26.024 W77 53.634

Landowner / Caretaker:

Emmanuel Assembly of God

5782 Tamarack Road

Renovo, PA 17764






William H. and Mary Ann Summerson deeded a tract of 2000 square feet to the Trustees of the Gospel Camp Association on Sept. 15, 1920.  The church was likely built on this site.  On July 8, 1922, Millie Botsford, widow of the late Frank Botsford, Orvie Botsford and Mattie his wife, Stella Botsford Mertz and John Mertz, deeded a parcel of land to the Trustees of the Gospel Camp of Clinton County, Pa., for a cemetery.  Initially, this was called the Botsford Cemetery.  Eventually, Emmanuel Assembly of God Church was built on the frontage lot, and the cemetery became known as Gospel Camp Community Cemetery.  It is still active and is well-maintained.