MUNICIPALITY:  Leidy Township
CEMETERY NAME:  Sullivan Cemetery SCHADT NUMBER:  090


Number of Burials (approximate):  7

Dates of Activity:  1850 - 1885



CCGS, The Cemeteries of Colebrook, East Keating, Grugan, Leidy, Noyes, and West Keating Townships (2008)




N/A - Cemetery Moved in Kettle Creek Dam Project

Landowner / Caretaker:







According to an article in the Renovo Record of 22 July 1960, "The original owner of the land where the cemetery is located was a Samuel Kepler who sold it to Garrett and John Mulcahy.  Garrett gave the ground to his niece, Ellen Sullivan.  The first person to be laid to rest on the farm was Garrett Mulcahy.  The exact date of his death is not known but Mrs. [Amos] Goodman, [237 Clinton Ave., South Renovo, descendant] says it is known to have been before 1858.  He selected the spot which became the family burial plot.  Ironically one of the reasons he gave for his selection was that the spot would be out of danger of flood and high water.  His grave is now to be moved along with the others because they are in an area to be covered by water.  The last to be buried in the cemetery was an infant, a child of William and Ida Repetto Sullivan.  This was 75 years ago.  The seven graves from the plot will be relocated at the New Maple Grove Cemetery that they may remain in the valley that these people loved and where they had expressed a wish to be laid to rest."

The Sullivan Cemetery was removed on the morning of 22 July 1960.