CLINTON COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY CEMETERY GUIDE            

MUNICIPALITY:  Chapman Township
CEMETERY NAME:  North Bend Cemetery SCHADT NUMBER:  103

AKA: 

Number of Burials (approximate): 4500

Dates of Activity: 1860 - present

Documentation/Publication: 

CCGS, The Cemeteries of Chapman Township and Renovo Borough (2001);  revised edition, to include full cemetery records, is currently in preparation

 

Directions/GPS: 

From Lock Haven, take PA Route 120 West for 24.0 miles to North Bend.  In the center of town, make a right turn on the road to Gleasonton (near the North Bend United Methodist Church).  The cemetery is about 0.2 mile back this road to your left, on a hill.  See the map in the beginning of this book for a more detailed representation of the cemetery location.

N41 20.944 W77 42.202

Landowner / Caretaker:

North Bend Cemetery

c/o Alice Tarr

North Bend, PA 17760

 

 

Condition/Needs: 

Excellent

 

History:

North Bend Cemetery dates from about the 1860s.  Settlement in the area necessitated a large burial ground for the needs of the community.  North Bend Cemetery Company Inc. is a privately owned corporation.  The cemetery sits on a parcel of 16 acres, and as of 2000 had over 1250 lots sold.  Seven hundred ninety of these had perpetual care, 17 had yearly care and 460 had no monied amount for care at all.  The cemetery was purchased by Roland and Kathy Davenport in 1982.  A caretakerís house was erected in 1984.